As we approach 2024 we believe we will see more and more businesses follow these trends to enhance hey way their companies operate going forward.
- Cloud and AI: The combination of cloud computing and artificial intelligence (AI) is expected to be a game-changer in the business world. By leveraging the power of cloud computing, Businesses can store and process large amounts of data, while AI can help them analyze this data to gain valuable insights and make better decisions.
- Pay as you go through serverless computing: Serverless computing is a cloud computing model that allows businesses to pay only for the computing resources they use, rather than paying for a fixed number of resources. This can help businesses save money and improve their efficiency.
- The rise of the industry-specific cloud: Industry-specific clouds are cloud computing platforms that are tailored to meet the needs of specific industries. These clouds are designed to provide industry-specific features and capabilities, such as compliance with industry regulations and standards.
- Going multi-cloud is an increasingly popular strategy: Multi-cloud is the use of multiple cloud computing services from different providers. This strategy can help businesses avoid vendor lock-in, improve their resilience, and reduce their costs.
- Containerized cloud applications increase interoperability: Containers are a lightweight way to package software applications. By using containers, businesses can make their applications more portable and easier to manage across different cloud computing platforms.
- Hybrid and edge computing are blurring traditional distinctions: Hybrid cloud computing is the use of both public and private cloud computing services. Edge computing is the use of computing resources that are located closer to the devices that use them. Together, these two trends are blurring the traditional distinctions between public and private cloud computing, and between cloud computing and on-premises computing.
- Cloud drives innovation in blockchain, IoT, and quantum computing: Cloud computing is driving innovation in emerging technologies such as blockchain, the Internet of Things (IoT), and quantum computing. By providing the computing power and storage needed to support these technologies, cloud computing is helping businesses to explore new possibilities and create new business models.
- AI Trust, Risk and Security Management (AI TRiSM): AI TRiSM is a set of technologies and practices that help businesses to manage the risks associated with AI. This includes ensuring the accuracy and fairness of AI algorithms, protecting the privacy of data used by AI, and ensuring that AI is used ethically and responsibly.
- Continuous Threat Exposure Management (CTEM): CTEM is a set of technologies and practices that help businesses to manage the risks associated with cyber threats. This includes identifying and assessing cyber threats, monitoring and responding to cyber threats, and continuously improving the security of cloud computing environments.
- Sustainable Technology: Sustainable technology is the use of technology to promote sustainability and reduce the environmental impact of business operations. This includes using cloud computing to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions, and using AI to optimize resource usage and reduce waste.
In conclusion, with cloud computing rapidly evolving, businesses need to stay up to date with the latest trends to remain competitive. By leveraging the power of cloud computing and emerging technologies such as AI, businesses can gain valuable insights, improve their efficiency, and create new business models. With the right strategy and the right partners, businesses can take advantage of the many benefits that cloud computing has to offer.
At 1 Call Telecom, we are aligned with the world’s leading providers in Cloud Solutions and can help direct you to where you are trying to go.